Meet Dr. Lee
Board Certified Periodontist, Diplomat Implant(ICOI)
Dr. Lee earned his DDS. in 1992 at Yonsei University, South Korea, one of top 50 dental schools in the world. However, he was not satisfied with one degree, so he decided to study and earned his MSD and PhD with a Certification in Prosthodontics. Following a successful 10-year private practice in South Korea, Dr. Lee came to US in pursuit of his dream to research “Implant and Bone regeneration”. He has published over 30 journal articles and 5 book chapters on Implant Dentistry. Dr. Lee earned his Post-graduate Periodontal Degree at Georgia Regents University. He is board certified by the American Board of Periodontology and obtained his Implant Fellowship and Diplomat from International Congress of Oral Implantologists. He is an expert in all facets of implant, bone graft, and plastic gum surgery. Dr. Lee enjoys spending time with his wife and three beautiful children. They like Texas and love the Cowboys! Dr. Lee is looking forward to serving the residents of DFW and beyond.
- Evaluation of implants coated with rhBMP-2 and vacuum-dried. Journal of Periodontology 2010, 81(12): 1839-1849.
- Evaluation of a novel calcium phosphate coated titanium porous oxide implant surface, The International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants 2011, 26(4): 731-738.
- Crestal remodeling and osseointegration at commercially pure titanium and titanium alloy implants. Journal of Clinical Periodontology 2012, 39(8): 781-788.
- Sinus augmentation using rhBMP-2/ACS, Clinical Oral Implant Research 2013, 24(5): 497-504.
- Wound healing following surgical and regenerative periodontal therapy. Periodontology 2000 2014, 65: 1-17
- Growth/differentiation factor-5 (GDF-5): Preclinical and clinical evaluations of periodontal regeneration and alveolar augmentation. Review Journal of Clinical Periodontology 2014, 41(8): 797-805.
- Effect of platform shift on crestal bone levels and mucosal profile following flap surgery and subcrestal implant placement in presence/absence of gap defects. Clinical Implant Dentistry and Related Research 2014;
- Effect of platform shift/switch on crestal bone levels and mucosal profile following flapless surgery and crestal/subcrestal implant placement. Clinical Implant Dentistry and Related Research 2014.
- Periodontal regeneration: Focus on growth and differentiation factors. In: Scannapieco F. ed. Dental Clinics of North America. Elsevir 2010; 54(1): 93-111.
- Bone, bone morphogenetic protein-2, implant dentistry: Focused review. In: Gottlander R, van Steenberghe D. eds. Proceedings of the First P-I Brånemark Scientific Symposium, Gothenburg 2009. Osseointegration and related treatment modalities: Future perspectives, quality of life, and treatment simplification. Chicago: Quintessence Publishing Company; 2011.
- Periodontal regeneration: Experimental observations – Clinical consequences. In: Larjava, H. ed. Oral Wound Healing, 1st edition, Oxford: Wiley- Blackwell, 2012.
- Alveolar augmentation with focus on growth factors (BMPs). In: Zreiqat H, Rosen V, Dunstan C, eds. A Tissue Regeneration Approach to Bone Repair: Springer, 2014.